Experience the awesome, untouched nature of the Southern Tarkine from Corinna, where majestic rivers, a remote rainforest wilderness and the wild Southern Ocean deliver treats beyond the expected. Fine hospitality, accommodation and facilities at Corinna provide the springboard to access nature in the raw, unlike anything else in the world.
Corinna - Gateway to the Tarkine
- A true eco-tourism haven: Offering remarkable hospitality and accommodation in Tasmania wilderness
- Unforgetable experiences including intimate river cruises, deserted coastal adventures, pristine river kayak journeys and rejuvenating iconic rainforest walks.
- Crossing place on the Pieman for the famous Fatman barge river crossing.
- Historical and nature based information and education center.
- A true escape from mobile phones, TV's and mass tourism.
- Starting/Finishing point for the infamous white all-weather Western Explorer Link Road.
- Home port of the Arcadia 11, the only huon pine cruiser still in operation in the world.
- Base for guided/unguided walks and kayak or canoe excursions.
- Witness Giant huon pines growing as they did 1000 years ago.
Pieman River Cruises - Arcadia 11
Journey on the Famous Arcadia 11 down through the Tarkine to the wild west coast at Pieman heads, take a short walk , beachcombe, breath the worlds freshest air or immerse yourself in nature. On the return trip to Corinna listen to stories of past glory days and aboriginal history. Approximately 4.5hrs - Morning / Afternoon tea is provided, and lunch can be supplied.
A tin dish (river punt) takes you to Lovers Falls, Hells Gates and up the Savage River to the resting place of the SS Croyden, the furtherest inland ship wreck in Australia. An up close and personal experience with the surrounding rainforest. (approx. 2 hrs)
Tarkine Self Giuded Kayak/Canoe Adventures.
Paddle the Pieman, Savage, Whyte, Donaldson rivers at you own leisure,even make theepic journey down the the heads, Untouched backwaters, river bank beaches and hidden waterfalls await you.( 1 hr to full day)
All safety gear and safety briefing is included.
Tarkine Rainforest Walks/Hikes
Short walks at Corinna include the Houn pine( disable friendly) and world renowned Whyte river walk to the longer Savage River and Mt Donaldson Walks,Close to Corinna are the just opened Lovers falls walk, Philosopher falls walk and Ridge back walk.
Guest at Corinna are treated to fine accommodation in individual one and two bedroom wilderness retreats, with warm fires and self contained kitchens. Backpackers are catered for in our 100 year old guest house and campers have use of purpose built raised decks in our small camp ground. Visit www.corinna.com.au for bookings.
Dining in Corinna
Tannin our award winning restaurant serves up the freshest local produce, cooked with love. Sit on the deck of the Tarkine Hotel (Top 10 new hottest hotels, Australian Traveler Magazine 2009) and enjoy a Tasmania wine whist watching a sunset over the Pieman river. Little ones are catered for, if the animals don't keep them amused our table tennis table will. Explore other dining options.